Textile homework at Starbucks with my black & white hot chocolate.
Zip car to Costco. Such a treat!
Sewing. Love my pockets on my red pants.
Fancy Smancy event at FIT Museum. Paparazzi, limos, and all.
Carting up all the food from our Costco run.
Random heads on a gate. Why not.
Running errands in the Garment District.
Sweet reminder from Anthropologie that my birthday is next month.
Yummy yummy dinner!! I love cooking.
Good morning FIT!
Hello my love!
Beautiful roses from the Mr.
Can’t get enough of my Valentine surprise.
Covergirl doing makeup in a van outside FIT.
Surprised husband with Knicks tickets for V-day/Anniversary.
Happy four years together!
Burning fibers in textiles late last night.
I am so ready for a long weekend. FIT has been killing me with the homework. Didn’t the semester just start? Things are in full swing already! Here’s to hoping I get everything done quickly so my brain can shut off for bit. But who am I kidding, my brain never stops.
I had a different post planned for today. Then I got really busy this morning all day with school and couldn’t post it. I am so glad that happened. Because when I came home from a sweet lunch date with my Valentine, Mr. Hartley totally surprised me with this…
He pulled out memorabilia of us since we started dating and sweet Valentine cards from years past. So sweet. I was totally surprised. And it takes a lot for me to be surprised. Good job Mr. Hartley! Some of my favorites…
I love that we are each others. Mine.
When James and I started “talking” we were long distance. This is his plane ticket from when he surprised me and flew to California to take me out on a date after we had been “talking” for a week.
We have been together ever since.
I love being his Mrs. And Forever 21.
I love my funny Valentine! Tomorrow marks our “dating anniversary.” Most people don’t celebrate this once they are married but since it falls the day after V-day I make us celebrate both. For our four year anniversary tomorrow I surprised James with really good seats to a Knicks game so he can watch his favorite player, Jimmer from the Kings, play the Knicks. We are so excited!
Happy Valentine’s/Four Years together my love. We always knew we would end up happily married to each other. I love you!
Happy Valentines Week! This is James, Taylor’s husband talking. Since Valentine’s Day is coming up I can express my true lovey dovey feelings without worrying about the integrity of my manhood! I love this girl more than anything and the second I met her is when everything in my life came together… she completes me…cheesy but true.
So here are a FEW things I LOVE about her! There are MANY more but I am trying to keep it short since it’s a blog post, not a book.
1. A spot for everything – She is a great organizer and keeps our apartment clean & organized to the point that sometimes I need a mini orientation with her when I forget little things like which way the handle on our hot chocolate mugs faces or if the hair spray goes to the left or right side of the lotion. It’s adorably specific!
2. Don’t do the laundry! – I tried to help her fold laundry once right after we got married, and she yelled at me to stop because she liked doing it. She actually LIKES to do it.. don’t have to tell me twice.
3. She Likes me! … No, she “Like Likes” me. I can’t figure out why, for the life of me, but I am not going push it. I am perfectly happy with her illusion! …Oh and I “like like” her back…
4. She lets me creep on her: creepy but true – Sometimes (and by that I mean every single morning) I stare at her because I honestly love her so much and she is adorable. Also when when she is walking, eating, watching tv, cooking, sitting, standing, talking, and not talking… I creep on her. But that’s ok because I am bound to her for eternity, so I think that’s ok. I think it’s one of the perks that comes along with promising your forever to someone…
5. Trophy Wife! – ok, I know. That’s a shallow male perspective… But I don’t care! I love it! She is gorgeous!
6. Haha! – She is funny! She makes me laugh a lot. And it’s not the courteous, “have to laugh to be nice or for flirting purposes” kind of laugh. She straight up cracks me up… and it’s hilarious!
7. Get it? – She does. She gets me. I don’t have to explain things to her. She just understands. She knows! We communicate on a higher level… Sometimes we use words too, but mostly just subtle eye movements and eyebrow twitches.
8. BFF – She is my greatest friend. I love hanging out with her.
9. Cooking: Or should I say cookie-ing – Either way she cooks great meals and great desserts. Since being married I have never eaten so many healthy meals and vegetables… I have also never eaten so make cookies and brownies. So I think it evens out right?
10. Dance! – Sure Taylor was a professional dancer in LA and appeared in a Miley Cyrus music video, danced for Nike in Vegas, and did numerous other gigs as a dancer, but I am not talking about that. It’s her “I won” dance that she does that melts my heart. When she beats me at a game or discovers she’s right and I’m wrong, she does it… Occasionally when we are both excited about something, I will join her…and it is a joyous occasion.
(In case your wondering what that looks like… Point your two index fingers in the air. Bend your elbows and straighten it with your fingers pointing toward the sky. Alternate your right and left arms whilst marching in place with your knees in an out-word motion. Do all this while grinning ear to ear adorably… I’ll get her to do it on camera some time… )
Happy Friday lovelies! I am so ready for the weekend, and to kick it off, I want to introduce you to one of my cute NYC girlfriends & neighbors, Jenna, from Mommy in Manhattan.
She is one of my favorite people I have met since moving to NYC and has the cutest family in the world. How adorable are her kids?
She makes raising kids in the city look easy. You will often find Jenna on the street with her double wide stroller and little Davis on his razor scooter next to her running errands around the city. I find her so inspiring, she makes me want to raise a family in the city. I will let her take it away but be sure to check her blog out and send some love her way!
Hey everyone! I am a mother, wife, aesthetician, product junkie, lover of fashion and aerobic instructor. I am finding my way through the BIG APPLE with my 3 little kids and hubby. I run a small business out of our NYC apartment doing skin care and eyelash extensions. I have big dreams to open up my very own Medical Spa here in NYC. Come check out my crazy adventures in NYC and pick up a few skincare and make up tips along the way. Here is a picture of the beautiful Taylor wearing a set of my minky lashes. Beautiful, right!?
And a picture of our girlfriend Erica, wearing a set of my Xtreme Lashes.
I’m doing a GIVEAWAY on my blog this week. Follow the steps to enter! I look forward to meeting you!