My Apartment

Behind Closed Doors

June 26, 2012

Lately, I have been wanting to spruce things up a bit and paint the back of our door a fun pop of color. Which color do you like best? (keep in mind these are not the exact colors, just an idea)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(the black would be a chalkboard paint)
Currently, when you walk into our place and are behind our closed door you will see this…
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Ok. Opinions. Go…

52 thoughts on “Behind Closed Doors

1. bethany jane.

I say black, or leave it white (I’m a white fanatic, though). I can’t believe your apartment allows you to paint! I’m super jealous! All our walls are a horrible off-white/beige. Bleh.

2. Tibs

I vote for red, well, i have my own door painted in red and it really works. It’s been red now for almost 5 years and it still rocks! Heard that it’s good feng shui.

3. J+H @ Beyond The Stoop

i like the blue… maybe more of a teal would look great though. also there are LOTS of tips online for getting/making colored chalkboard paint, so black isn’t your only option if you want the chalkboard!!

i’ve also see WHITEBOARD paint in the store!! i think that would be better than chalkboard paint (though, i painted my fridge in plain old black chalkboard paint and i LOVE it)

best of luck! look forward to seeing the finished product!

4. Stevie

Definitely the blue or chalkboard – depends which look you’re going for! Blue livens it up, but the black keeps it more modern/practical.

5. stephwinmill

I like the black then you don’t have to change your green baskets in the entry table! And if it’s blackboard paint you can always spruce it up with colored chalk 🙂

6. The Jones

I kinda like the chalkboard idea…really unique and fun for you and for guests 🙂 But the green would look nice in that entryway too…it’s a toss up!

Love your blog by the way…you are an incredibly talented lady, I’m amazed by all that you do! Following you.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

7. Otis Kunkle

These doors are fascinating. One would really think that something really interesting is behind it. I’d love to have a door like this in my office. And, if I am to pick, I’d pick either the black or the red one. They are both elegant and since we’re talking about offices, I think they will suit well in my office’s formal interior.

Otis  Kunkle