NYC

East Coast Explorers

April 17, 2012

Taylor Morgan

This summer James and I want to explore the east coast. Us both being from the west coast, we really haven’t seen much over here outside the city. On our list is Cape Cod, DC, the Sacred Grove, Long Beach and many more. I have been working way to hard this semester and I can’t wait to enjoy the summer with my man. Since we are new to the east coast, we would love to hear any and all tips on fun places you like, great bed and breakfast’s to stay at, yummy restaurants, etc. We can’t wait to go exploring!! Do you have any fun summer getaways planned?!

42 thoughts on “East Coast Explorers

1. Miss K

I’ve only been to NY, Boston, Philly and Miami on the East Coast; so can’t share many tips. This summer I would like to travel to Italy and explore Venice, Florence and Siena. Within the next four weeks I will be travelling to Munich, Paris and Barcelona 🙂

2. Nicole

Oh your outfit is so adorable! I haven’t been much to the East Coast but I hear George Town is a must in DC. Lots of cute stores and restaurants. Headed to Italy in three weeks!

3. Elise

the only thing I know on the east coast is nyc, and you don’t need any help there! Have fun! Part of the fun is planning (okay maybe it’s just me).

4. Maria

Great outfit! Of course I have to put a word in for Newport, RI! After all, it’s my hometown. Lots of great restaurants, mansions to visit, the beach, the Cliff Walk, sailing. It gets kind of nutty in the summer, but living in NYC you’d probably find it quiet and relaxing!

5. J+H @ Beyond The Stoop

@fashion moodboard: I went backpacking in Thailand 4 years ago. Best. Trip. EVER!! You’ll love it. I’m jealous! I wanna go back SO bad!!

And for Taylor, you must visit Alexandria when you go to DC. It’s super cute, with cute downtown shops and still close to DC, with a metro stop 🙂

6. Ali

If you make it to DC go to the Old Ebbitt Bar and Grill- its right near the White House and super cool- many presidents hung out there! The Capitol Grill is also a great place for lunch. If you plan ahead you can secure tickets to tour the White House- I believe you can request them through your senator (try to go through a Democrat because Obama is in office). It’s a pretty unique opportunity so I would take advantage of it if you can! Also, I am a huge fan of Philadelphia (being from there) because there is so much history about our country to see. Plus it is a quick train ride down from New York.

7. L-Diggitty

I need that skirt! And the belt… the whole outfit is just adorable, perfect for spring sight-seeing but with the all-important sensible shoes! Nicely done 🙂

8. Perpetuity

Gorgous pics! Your hair looks beautiful. I know us girls with long hair hate the wind blowing it all over but it made for some great pics! You look great, love how you mixed up this outfit. I need to get over my fear of flats and buy more.

~Heather

9. Elle-Living in Color

Hi there!
    These pictures are beautiful- loving your striped skirt. By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog the other day! I would definitely love if you’d visit again sometime. I’m a follower of your blog, and I’d love if you’d follow mine so we can keep in touch!
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

10. Matthew

wow.. this is such a great outfit!

it’s has such a great nautical feel to it. love the brown belt and the striped blue skirt.

I really like how you left the dress shirt untucked and rolled up the sleeves , it gives it such a great casual vibe. I think it also shows how versatile a white dress shirt can be!

Matthew

11. Ben & Cassie

My husband’s fam moved to new hampshire a couple months ago so we are going to go visit them and I can’t wait. Our plans also include Cape Cod, Boston, NYC and Montreal! Can’t wait, your sperries will be perf!

12. Camille

Nice! I would definitely suggest going to Boston and exploring the historical sites there! I’m from the Hudson Valley and we have West Point, FDR’s home and also the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in my hometown in New York. Many more historical sites and trails around here to hike as well! Have fun planning your vacations! 🙂