- First and foremost, all of my professors are amazing! They are so brilliant and really know how to teach. I already love them.
- I drew my first nude model. This was very new to me, I have never drawn a life like drawing of anyone. I always draw funky fashion croquis. But I actually think I will enjoy it.
- I am constantly buying more and more art supplies. Luckily I already owned 90% of everything but it still requires a lot of supplies.
- I am going to be working at NYC Fashion Week this up coming weekend. dream. come. true.
- FIT alumni are amazing. And I love that the school never talks about who went there. They are never trying to impress anyone even though they are the most impressive fashion school in our country. Seriously.
- I have met some really nice people so far and look forward to the friendships I will make here. I love meeting new people.
- The position for my new gay best friend is still open but I have some prospects.
- The students dress really well or really unique. Either way I love that people do their thing. I wish I could take pictures but FIT has a strict no photo policy.
- Which leads me to my next point, no photos allowed! It sucks cause I wish I could show you inside FIT but they are so protective of everyone’s work, which I can appreciate.
So far I am on top of all my work but it has only been one week so I know it will get much more intense but I am determined to stay on top of everything. Which is easier to do when you are married cause you are not looking for a social life as much.
It feels so much more real being right here by where it all happened. Sometimes I cannot believe that such a thing could happen in our country but I love how united it has made us as Americans. I pray that this anniversary will be a safe one. Always count your blessings because they are many. On this 9/11 remember those that we lost and remember those you have. It is such a blessing to have your loved ones. It is also such a blessing to be an American and I am proud to be one.